2015-09-26

Shipdeck and deck-cannons

Finally I have glued my shipdeck and also cut out all
the extras on the edges. The result is quite o.k in my
opinion. Next step has been to make openings for
the cannons below deck.
To get the openings accurate and squareshaped I cut
out the openings by first making holes on the lines
that I have already made with a pencil.
After making the holes I used a sharp knife and cut
out the rest. Next step will be to make slots for the
openings.

Slutligen har jag limmat mitt däck och även sågat bort
allt överflödigt längs med kanterna.
Jag är nöjd med resultatet och nästa  steg blev att skära
ut öppningar för kanonerna under däck.
För att få högre precision så borrade jag små hål
längs med de fyrkantiga rutorna innan jag skar bort
resten med en skarp kniv. Nästa steg i skeppsbygget
blir att bygga kanonluckor.







4 kommentarer:

  1. Painstaking work, but coming along very nicely.

    SvaraRadera
    Svar
    1. Thankyou Michael. It takes time indeed to complete it but that is also the charm in this project. I try to make time for this project between taking care of my little daughter. :)

      Radera
  2. Looking good so far, but the end result will be well worththe effort.

    SvaraRadera
    Svar
    1. Thankyou Joe. Indeed and don´t forget the lick of paint on top of it all.;)

      Radera