2015-11-29

Armoured car converted and finished

Between hard working and being a father to my lovely
little daughter I have now completed my armoured car.
As I wrote earlier I bought a simple plastic toy and 
converted it.I am happy with the result and my goal
was to make a recon-car that looked that it was
taking right from the battlefield.The figure is a
GW 40k cadian.I have also worked with creating
dust/mud- and rust-effects. On the rust I have used
GW seraphim sepia and also nulin oil.Finally I used
metalcolour to make the grinding complete.
The extra fuel-tank has a core made of polystyrene
and is scratch-built.

All the rivets are cutout from plastic tooth-pics
Both the AA-machine gun(DP-28) and the Grease gun,
(M3) are Wargames factory and also the map-bag.


Mellan hårt arbete på jobbet och faderskap åt min
underbara lilla dotter så har jag nu slutfört bygget
av min pansarbil. Jag skrev tidigare att jag köpt en
enkel plastleksak och konverterade den till det som
syns på bilderna nedan.Jag är nöjd med resultatet
och målet var att skapa en spanings-vagn som som
såg ut att vara hämtad direkt från fronten.
Figuren är en GW 40k Cadian.Jag har även experiment-
erat med rosteffekter och använt GW färger som:
seraphim sepia och nulin oil.Slutligen har jag metall-
färg för att få sista slitage-känslan.
Extra tanken är byggd av friggolit och utskuren och
slutligen finputsad med slippapper. Samtliga bultar är
utskuran från plast-tandpetare. Både luftvärns kulsprutan
(DP-28) och Grease ksp(M3) är Wargames factory samt
kartväskan.












6 kommentarer:

  1. Impressive, very impressive work of conversion...

    SvaraRadera
    Svar
    1. Thankyou Phil. :) It was very fun to build and I think the rust-effect gives a lot of character to the model.

      Radera
  2. Really great, you bought a toy and now you have a great piece!

    SvaraRadera
    Svar
    1. Thankyou my friend. It looks menacing on the gaming table!

      Radera
  3. It's a very good conversion, worthy of any table; I do like your use of your camo netting, it looks very well used and battle-worn and the little bits of added detailing are very eye-ctching - great piece.

    SvaraRadera
    Svar
    1. Thankyou Joe. :) I will certainly use more of the camo-net-technique in the next projects.

      Radera