2017-01-19

Concrete walls

At the gamingtable I have missed movable obstacles and
I decided to make some mobile "concrete-walls".
The base come from a polystyrene-case made for bottles
and the "wall" is made out of foamboard.
To give the wall a more rough and worn look I put on some
sand together with PVA.
To get a look that these walls has been under fire I
made holes with a nail and finally I made a cutout
for supporting iron-mesh. The mesh is a plastic-grid
and I carved off the upper layer of cardboard and
pressed with my thumb and made a small space to 
lower the mesh into the hole.
Finally I used grey waterbased paint and highlighted
it to get more life to the models. In the holes I
also put in some wash. The metalhandles are made
of wire and painted with waterbased paint and
finalized with some brown to get a rusty look.
Next report will show the walls in a scenery.











7 kommentarer:

  1. Really nice scratchbuilt stuff, Ptr.

    SvaraRadera
    Svar
    1. Thankyou very much Jay for these kind words. :)

      Radera
  2. Svar
    1. Thankyou very much Michael! A nice start in 2017!

      Radera
  3. Brilliant! I have some foam stuff that various Christmas pressies came in, I need to check if it can go in the hobby pile rather than the recycling bin.

    SvaraRadera
    Svar
    1. Tackar, niger och hukar mig. Emballage kan ibland vara en guldgruva för personer med våra intressen. :)

      Radera
  4. These have turned out really well, the extra effort you've made in their detail has been well worth it

    SvaraRadera