2018-09-07

More items for Flames of war

Yeasterday I nice package arrived.I have completed my german
force with artillery and transport. All was bought second hand
and I am very pleased with the haul. All models will be repainted
in late war-colours. The sdkfz 250/251 will be converted and
upgraded with Stuka zu fuss. The Pak38 will be fitted with stiel-
granate to be able to knock out heavier tanks.
Finally I must mention that I have received a 88mm with a cover-
plate and also two half-tracked vehicles with a 88mm mounted
on top (88mm Flak18(sfi) and zugkraftwagen 12t -  sdkfz 8).
These two half-tracked artillery-vehicles are a treat for the
eye and I like them a lot. Historically they were put out of
service already in 1943 but I will use them in late war because
I have seen them on moving pictures when Germany surrendered in
1945. Now I feel that my german force is complete but still there
are a lot of paintjob to do. :)
Reading the book Stalins Europe I have found a lot of usable information
how to make my two fighting forces and how to equip them.
The infantry will be painted as ss-panzergreandiers, volksgrenadiers,
regular infantry and panzerpioners/engineers. 
Next up is more figures but this time the soviets.I have decided to
make one strelkovy company and one engineer/sapper company.
The strelkovy will be painted in late war colours and a mixture of
second hand and new bought figures.
The sapper company will be fitted with MG and very good for urban 
fighting and painted in brown/beige camo.
I will need about 96 strelkovy-infantry and 87 sappers to make up
two complete forces.
Last up is my home-made flames of war-markers and I think they will
do the job and it is also nice to have a personal touch on these.












2 kommentarer:

  1. That's a lot ofpainting to get through, but it'll be worth it in the end.

    SvaraRadera
    Svar
    1. I think so to and it will be great fun to recreate these historical scenarios.Thankyou very much Joe.

      Radera