2016-09-12

Factory finished for painting

Finally I have now finished my factory-build and the 
result is quite nice.
Left to do is to put some base-coating and then finalize 
with a "lick of paint"(I qoute my friend Joe).
I started this project with a vision to have a factory on my 
gaming-table in july when some friends came for a visit to 
play a campaign of Warhammer 40k. The factory was far from 
finished when my friends arrived but it still proved its place and 
game me some more inspiration to use when my 
project progressed. I have used almost only left-overs and this 
is the fun part, to make something out of nothing. 
The base is 10mm carboard (I don´t use anyting thinner 
because it will bend if you glue anything on top of it). 
The big accumlator tank is a paperroll-cylinder 
and 5mm thick in dimension and coated with corrugated paper. 
The house is originally a cardboard-box that contained a clock.
The horizontally mounted tank on the back of the building is a 
toilet-paper-roll with internal support made of polystyrene. 
The big pipe placed on the side of the building 
and the chimney are  also paperroll-cylinders used for 
wiping-paper in the kitchen. The roof is manufactured out of 
3 mm cardboard and coated with corrugated paper 
and used big wooden tindersticks. The base of the chimney and 
also the top is made of holders and plastic profiles from 
cannisters used for washing laundry.
All the rivets are made out of cutdown plastic toothpicks. 
The cylindrical housing on top of the roof are corks taken 
from Juice-cannisters and the handles are leftovers 
from metalbuttoms used for textile clothing.The ladders are 
all cutdown from plant-sticks. Finally I have made a ventilator-
housing out of my daughters cork taken from
"in-between-meal-cannister".
The bricks on the house and the chimney are all cut out of 
polysterene and glued with pva. Some critics think that the 
method of cutting down each brick by hand is 
to time-consuming but I like it and I think the look of the build up 
looks very rough and industrial. Finally I have made lamps out 
of the hat from a pen and the electrical is metalthread with plastic-
coating.The grass is left overs from artificial football-grass 
made for interior use. The basing is a mixture of sand and pva. 
The only thing that I am a bit curious about  is that I am not sure 
if I should make a gate with two doors or not!?   














12 kommentarer:

  1. Svar
    1. Muchas gracias por el cumplido. :)

      Radera
  2. Svar
    1. Wielkie dzięki za ten komplement!Zabawne , że docenili mój model. :)

      Radera
  3. Svar
    1. Drôle que vous avez apprécié mon modèle. Merci beaucup mon ami.

      Radera
  4. That looks just great!
    I'm looking forward to pics of it painted.

    SvaraRadera
    Svar
    1. Tackar, bugar, bockar och niger för dessa vänliga ord. Thankyou very much.

      Radera
  5. Svar
    1. Grazie mile Luca. Divertente che avete apprezzato il mio modello

      Radera
  6. This is turning out to be an epic build; love the detailing, well worth the effort I think and you'll regret it if you don't put the gates on before giving it "a lick of paint".

    SvaraRadera
    Svar
    1. Thankyou very much Joe.I will start making those doors very soon and I think this will add more roughness on the model with a rusty gate.

      Radera