This is my second report about my first test-3D print in
the material resin. Overall the models looks fine and the
scale looks right. Most of the big trucks are downloaded
from the free-page Thinginverse and drawn in CAD and
the scale 1/200 and needed to be scaled up to 1/100.
My friend Adam (the printer) made an excellent job in
making the outcome right eventhough he had big problems
getting the wheels right on especially the GMC-trucks.
The details on these big trucks looks really good and for
me resin is the choice comparing to pla-thread.
The smaller models are also scaled and this was even
harder to do but I calculated out the right length and
width to guide Adam and the outcome of these were even
better than the big trucks.
Very nice result but the downside for me was to cut loose
the models from the mould-extras and all the wheels of
the BM-21-rocket-trucks were broken doíng so.
Some of the big trucks also cracked in the middle because
they were to thin to uphold the weight(drawn in a smaller scale).
The big trucks are no problem to fix but the smaller ones
are more tricky but I will manage this also.
Adam also kindly send me the failed prints and these will
be very nice "broken-down" models and parts of the
scenery playing the WW2-game Flames of war.
These are the models I have chosen to print:
Scale 1/100 (15mm)
1-100 ZIS-5 early closed-5
1-100 ZIS-5-BZ tanker early -2
1-100 ZIS-6 early-1
Scale 1/285 (6mm)
On the last pictures you can see that I have completed
my MLRS that I got for free but the tracked part were
missing and these looks very good and fits perfectly
Next project will be to print my homemade
light cannons in the scale 1/100. A report is on
its way, Cheers and thankyou for reading my blog!:)