2014-10-04

Karoliner - 28mm

I am planning to visit the DFFCon 2014 convention in Copenhagen on the 25-26th of october after a invitation from my friend Søren last weekend. Very nice indeed but I have no figures to play games with
according to the big battle of Lund 1676 that he and his friends are going to play. Very interessting period in the swedish history. I have read some books in swedish that I really recommend. 
This weekend I will start building and painting my own conversion of swedish Karoliner from this period. I will use "Horse and muscet-infantry from the spanish succession" from Wargames factory as a backbone and bits from the french napoleonic infantry to add some more individual charachter
to my figures. I will report on the way what is happening during this project. Check out the interessting blog of Søren with lots of very nicely painted figures and links to history etc: http://blackpowdergames.blogspot.se/

Jag planerar att besöka konventet DFFCon 2014 i Köpenhamn den 25-26 oktober efter en inbjudan från min vän Søren förra helgen. Mycket trevligt men jag har i nuläget inga figurer att spela med om jag ska vara med när han och hans vänner ska spela det stora slaget vid Lund 1676.
Mycket intressant period i den svenska historien. Jag har läst en del litteratur på svenska som jag varmt kan rekommendera:

Karoliner av Alf Åberg, Göte Göransson
Slaget vid Lund av Claes Wahlöö, Göran Larsson
Fraustadt 1706 av Oskar Sjöström
Slagfältet under stormaktstiden: flera författare(Historiska media)
Karl den XII som fältherre: red Alex Svensson
Svensk militärmakt: Lars Ericsson Wolke (SMB)
Vägen till Poltava-Slaget vid Lesnaja 1708:
Pavel Konovaltjuk,Einar Lyth(SMB)

Poltava, vändpunkten:Valerij A Moltusov(SMB)

Denna helg kommer jag att börja att bygga och måla mina Karoliner. Jag kommer att konvertera en del av figurerna för att skapa mer personlighet och individualitet på spelbordet. Som stomme använder jag figurer från:"Horse and muscet-infantry from the spanish succession" från Wargames factory och övriga bits från Victrix napoleonfigurer(se bild). Jag kommer att fortsätta att rapportera om detta projekt framöver. Besök gärna Sørens blogg med många snygga figurer och intressanta kopplingar till historien: http://blackpowdergames.blogspot.se/









 

2 kommentarer:

  1. Thanks for the link up Peter! Micke from our local club here in Stockholm also went with the Wargames Factory box, and it turned out really nice. What a great collection of books you've got there - of course the Alf Åberg classic "Karoliner" is a must-have for anyone into this period. SMB - are you a member also? Any chance you could bring that Moltusov book on Poltava to Copenhagen? - I haven't seen that, looks really interesting!
    Good luck with the painting, looking forward to the updates.

    SvaraRadera
  2. Hello Sören! Thankyou for this comment. I got my inspiration from this site http://modellbygge.ifokus.se/discussions/4e4c0ae688f4727c2d002e3a-karl-xiis-likfard-1718. When I bought the figures I couldn´t find any Karoliner anywhere in 2013 and that was the reason that I went for the idea of converting. I am a member of SMB and both the books on the picture from this bookclub is very good and got a lots of inspirational illustrations.Of course I will bring this book to the convention so that you can explore by yourself.

    SvaraRadera