2017-02-19

Russian 15mm En masse

Last week I one of my fellow players at the local
gaming club decided to decimate his collection
of 15mm figures and models to Flames of war.
He wanted to sell all his WW2-russians and it
was a quite nice collection of both painted
and unpainted items.
He sold me all his vehicles for 50 Euros and
his extras (read next report) for another 50.
The price is quite a bargain because it is
almost complete and most of the vehicles are
already painted and ready for the gaming table.
I bought it all because I had plans to start playing
Flames of war already in 2013 but until now
this project has been saving dust and if you
want to play the russians you need a lot of
figures and models and they all must be nicely
painted to for a extra nice gaming experience. :)
Why I choose the russians? I have been reading
history for a long time and I like the russian
army and how they transformed from a pitiful
army in 1941 to a formidable and also very
effective warmachine. Reading about especially
the russian tank-evolution is interessting and
also fun to play in Flames of war.

To summarize my buy I got this:
A lot of tanks: small, medium and heavy
Tankhunters
Medium and heavy artillery (guns)
light, medium and heavy mortarunits
Katyusha rocketlaunchers
Antitank-guns
Transport both wheeled and tracked
Armoured trucks
Flamethrower-units
Antitank-rifle units
Heavy machine-gun units

I have taken some pictures below to see what I have bought.
The picture on the very end show the soldiers and accessories that
I will write about in my next report in detail.




















12 kommentarer:

  1. Svar
    1. Thankyou very much Phil. I guess I have a bit to go if I ever will compete with your collection of armies! ;)

      Radera
  2. Wow! That's quite an army you have now, what a great buy.

    SvaraRadera
    Svar
    1. Thankyou very much Michael.I am very pleased and I am looking forward to start make some scratch-built scenery also!

      Radera
  3. That's quite a find. Now you can play IABSM! :-)

    SvaraRadera
    Svar
    1. Thankyou very much Joakim. What is IABSM??? Probably some northern local saying!? ;)

      Radera
  4. That is the correct number of troops and equipment for Soviet forces. A lot of tanks, guns etc. All ready to die for Stalin. Amazing collection.

    SvaraRadera
    Svar
    1. Thankyou very much Bartek. I think I got it all this time.I am especially fond of the collection of mortars.The will come to use when storming the enemy in the name of the "people". :)

      Radera
  5. Svar
    1. Indeed it is! Thankyou very much my northern friend.

      Radera
  6. That's a lot of ready-to-use pieces for such a cheap price - roll on the infantry!

    SvaraRadera
    Svar
    1. Indeed Joe. I also have a lot of infantry both from this buy and in store.Read more about the infantry in my next report.Thankyou very much Joe.

      Radera