2018-04-25

Printing in 3D

Two weeks ago me and my friend Olle went to a fair named 3Dmeetup in
the town of Helsingborg. The fair was a community-meeting and also
a workshop and I must say that it was very inspireing.
Both me and Olle are creative persons and we always looks for new
territories to explore. This has been a small fantasy for me for 
years but now the 3d-writers are much cheaper than in 2008 when I
worked with them professionally when making prototypes for the
interior-market. The writers could print in various plastics:
abs, pla and resin and it was fun to see how easy and beautiful
the result was. I have been working with drawing in CAD (ArchiCAD,
AutoCAD lt, Solid works and Inventor) for almost 11 years and I
see a lot of new projects ahead.
Olle and me also looked at the price and the software to operate
the 3d-printer was around 100 Euros in Sweden and a average
3D-writer could be bought for around 350 Euros.
The compabiltiy to make your own 3d-models are very vast because
most 3d-programs can save in the format STL or VRML.
The plastic to use is not so expensive if you use it right and
it cost 35 Euros for a thread-roll (1 kg-abs).
If you get warmed up and wants to model figures the resin is the
choice and it is a little bit more expensive 50 Euros for 1 kg.
The plan is now to buy a 3d-printer and the time to do this is set
after the summer because I must renovate our cellar and make
my hobby-room complete and tidy. Very interesting times ahead. 













7 kommentarer:

  1. I've been wanting a 3D printer for a long time, but they're still out of my price range (but I was looking at the fairly expensive "Pursa" and its copied variations).
    Good luck with this venture, looiking forward to seeing the results.

    SvaraRadera
    Svar
    1. Thankyou very much Joe.I am sure that the prices will fall even more and maybe this Christmas Joe can get a big package?

      Radera
  2. Svar
    1. Indeed.Thankyou very much Michael.

      Radera
  3. Interesting
    I couldn't come to the meetup, but I will hopefully have a chance in the future.
    I look forward to see what you buy and what you do.
    Exciting times ahead!

    SvaraRadera
  4. Thankyou very much Joakim. Det blir fler tillfällen.Du har en stående inbjudan om du kommer på besök söderut.Ska börja rita när renoveringen är klar av huset. Indeed. :)

    SvaraRadera
    Svar
    1. Tack kompis. Jag kanske utnyttjar den inbjudan någon gång, så se upp :-)
      Samma sak gäller om du/ni kommer till Stockholmstrakten någon gång

      Radera