2014-10-19

Creative thoughts and taking one step further

Today I got a gift from my father in law.He didn´t think much of the gift but if you ask me then I´ll answer with a big smile. Being a creative person and finding new ways of making things(whatever it is) then it is a ongoing project. The gift was a plastic mesh with scares measureing 5x5mm.
I am planning to use this grid to big factory-windows and also the "metalstructers" inside that will be used for walking. Very nice find. I have drawn some sketches to illustrate my next model in the scale of 1:48 (28mm) and it will be named: factory-model.
This weekend I also bought some clay that will be used for making sandbags. The sandbags will be used for the model-project: High bunker and also the bunker-models. Next thing will be how to make surface on the "sandbags" look more textile-like. I will make a tool with a wheel that will be fitted with some textile with a "rough" knit and then I will roll the wheel-tool with the textile back and forth on the wet clay to make "textile-marks".
The last thing I bought this weekend was some flags that will be used to indicate the combatants in the wargame: Great northern war in the scale of 1:72.

Idag fick jag en liten present av min svärfar.För honom var det ingen stor sak men för mig är det riktigt trevligt tillskott. Att vara en kreativ person och hitta nya vägar att använda olika material(till stora som små projekt) är ett evigt sökande men det är samtidigt inspirerande. Presenten är ett plast-nät med rutor som är 5x5mm. Jag planerar att använda detta plast-nät till stora fönster i en fabriksmodell samt lejdare och andra "metall-konstruktioner" i skalan 1:48(28 mm). Detta projekt har jag döpt till fabrikshusmodell. Denna helg handlade jag även lite hobby-lera för att tillverka egna "sandsäckar" till ett annat projekt som jag döpt till: Hög bunker samt Bunker- modeller. När jag modellerat mina sandsäckar så ska jag även skapa en mer tygliknande yta och det ska jag göra med hjälp av ett hemmagjort verktyg.Verktyget består av ett skaft och en rulle där jag limmat tyg(linne eller liknande) på rullen. Rullen kommer sedan att föras ovanpå den ännu ej stelnade sandsäckens yta och på så sätt göra avtryck.
Sista fyndet är några flaggor som jag kommer att använda för att indikera de olika spelarnas figurer i spel som tilldrar sig under det stora nordiska kriget. Flaggorna kommer att användas till skala 1:72
.










14 kommentarer:

  1. really good idea, waiting to see the progress!
    bye

    SvaraRadera
    Svar
    1. Thankyou for this comment Luca. I will keep you updated!

      Radera
  2. Sounds interesting with a GNW project in 1/72 - what miniatures will you be using?

    SvaraRadera
    Svar
    1. Hello Sören! :) Thankyou for your comment. In this project I will use zvezdas plastic figures: Karoliner in the scale of 1:72 (20 mm).

      Radera
  3. Svar
    1. Thankyou for making this comment Jonas! :) I hope everything is allright upnorth!

      Radera
  4. I really look forward to seeing those bunkers!

    SvaraRadera
    Svar
    1. Thankyou for making this comment Thomas. I will keep you updated. I am also thinking of making barbwire in the scale of 1:48.Tricky but fun.

      Radera
    2. It will work for barbed wire, I have done so in the past, but I'd recommend going with the Pegasus kit instead.
      http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HXkerWCNzVk

      Radera
    3. Interessting tip Thomas but I will go for the challange and try to do my own.Thankyou for making this comment. :)

      Radera
  5. It is funny how we start to look at objects in completely different way when we have a project on the go. Love the sketches too, can't wait to you start building.

    SvaraRadera
    Svar
    1. Welcome back Michael and thankyou for making this comment. I have a career within furniture and product-development and I like to sketch all my ideas. I often discover "problems" if I draw and then can correct them.

      Radera
  6. I'm pleased I'm not the only one that makes countless drawings of new ideas.
    The mesh oyu have looks very similar to guttering mesh I bought a while ago and have just found a very limited use for.

    SvaraRadera
    Svar
    1. Thankyou Joe, I think sketches reveal very much of the creators intentions and mind and that is very inspirational. The mesh will be used and I will very soon star building with this material.I hope it will be sufficient to my project! :)

      Radera