2021-03-15

3D-printed trucks - testprint

 Visiting 3D-meetup here in Sweden two years ago

made me curious about start drawing models to

3D-print but the variety of printers are vast and I

am a novice in this area som I decided to test in a 

smaller scale before actually buying a printer of my

own. The CAD-work is not new for me because I

have been working with 3D-graphics for more than

15 years as an engineer within carpentry and interiors.

I decided to both test some models in the scale 6mm

and 15mm and I downloaded all the models for free

from Thinginverse. The models were drawn in various

scales but it was not hard to scale right.

The result was very good using resin but tricky to 

realease from the mould-extras. The printing of wheels

were especially hard and I need to fix this before

painting. I will use base-plates for all these models so

I think when finished and fixed they will look really good.

Next report I will go into detail on each model.









2 kommentarer:

  1. That seems a lot of work for something so small, but I guess it will be worth it when we see the end product!

    SvaraRadera
    Svar
    1. Size is everything my friend :) The project has been a very nice one so far and I have learned a lot.The models will also complete my collection with rare models that will help the game-scenery come alive.Thankyou very much Joe.

      Radera