2022-05-04

Napoleon at war - The 100 days

A small dream of mine has been to start playing big battles 

on the gaming table in the Napoleonic era.

I took the final step when my friend Stephen introduced me 

to the tabletop-game : Napoleon at war - 

The hundred days, from exile to Waterloo.

Thankyou very much Stephen for the introduction!

The game-developer is Man at War Miniatures Games.

The originally game-developer has sold all their copyright to this 

Swiss company: 

https://www.ciboslittledudes.com/collections/books-miscelanea

I like both the look of the game and the game-engine and is easy 

to get an overview how to play and to build up an army.

In the rule-book there are army-lists for the french, british and

preussians but I have also managed to get hold on extra lists 

describing austrians and swedes.

Some play large games using metal-figures but I couldn´t resist 

two large and very cheap bargains of plastic soldiers in the 

scale 1/72 (20mm).

These two collections cover infantry(a lot), artillery and cavalry 

and belongs to France, Britain/Scotland, Preussia, Austria and 

Russia.

All miniatures are injected plastic and fairly soft and maybe you 

think that this is not a bargain at all but I got an advise from my 

friend Philip to make a mix of pva and paint to strengthen the 

details that point out.

I will write more about my big collection of Napoleonic-figures in 

my future reports. I will also write more about how to make these 

figures more durable after getting the "lick of paint".

The pictures showing figures are all from the games own range in 

18mm metal.

Vive la République, vive la France! :)


























2 kommentarer:

  1. Superb figures...and drawings!

    SvaraRadera
    Svar
    1. Indeed. I couldn´t resist showing these to send some extra inspiration.Really looking forward playing this game. Merci beaucoup Phil.

      Radera