2021-12-20

Cold war - 6mm Red storm rising III

During my absence in the woods building our

new house I ordered some more soviets to my

growing 6mm-collection playing the cold war

in the 1980-ies.

More infantry and especially soviet artillery-

crew and HQ but also transport, self propelled

guns and radar. All models from Scotia Grendel

and I like the details and scuplting a lot.

This will be my third big addition to my soviets

and to summarize I now have the artillery completed.

To play a super power like the soviets in 1980-era

it is a must to have a lot of artillery!!!

The 8-wheel truck will be used with my DDR-troops.

The two small trucks are both to be used but also

bought for nostalgia because one of the rare vehicles

from the soviets I have encountered was the :

Gaz 66-truck with communication body.

I saw this vehicle during a short visit in Hungary(Györ)

in 1987. Eventhough it wasn´t a fighting vehicle it

was a good memory and I also took a picture at the

location. Finally I also bought som very nice SA-4 and

SA-6. These rocketry looks indeed very menacing and

will be nice models on the gaming-table when painted.

Here are the links to my previous reports about 6mm

soviet vehicles and models to my collection:

6mm-red-storm-rising

red-storm-is-rising-2
















 

4 kommentarer:

  1. Lovely little collection! I particularly like the softskins, as I've always had a soft spot for vulnerable trucks in times when everyone else is rocking heavy metal :P

    SvaraRadera
    Svar
    1. Indeed. I can´t wait basing and painting these.Trucks are also one of my favourite, especially those made in the east.Thankyou very much Ben for writing.

      Radera
  2. That's a whole lot more winderful reiforcements to your ever-growing collection. The detailing on these is excellent too, the radar vehicles look quite stunning !.

    SvaraRadera
    Svar
    1. A lot of models and lots of scenarios to play! I really like how my collection has taken shape and now is the time to start basing and painting. The scale is small but the details are still visible and my impression has grown better over time. Thankyou very much Joe.

      Radera