2022-05-18

Napoleon at war - figures part 1

To play the game Napoleon at war you need figures

and "figures en masse" to use a french expression. :)

Infantry, cavalry and artillery will flood the gaming table

when I am finished. I thought about building a collection

with figures made of metal but after an offer I couldn´t

resist I chose plastic-figures in the 1/72 scale(20mm).

The disadvantage with these figures are that they are 

often made of a soft plastic but my friend Philip in the UK

has shown me how to strenghten the sables, rifles etc

using a undercoat paint that is mixed with pva.

The pva together with white or black is a very thin wash and

once the figure is fully painted they also get a spray with

a matte varnish. I will report about this technique in a 

future report.

The figures on the pictures are french, english, scottish,

preussian and austrian.

On the pictures I have :

Italeri French hussars set 6008

Hät english British light infantry Set 8036
Airfix Waterloo British infantry Set 01745
Airfix Waterloo Highland infantry Set 01735
Esci British infantry Set 215
Esci British light dragoons Set 230
Revell British infantry Set 02571


Revell Preussian infantry Set 02580
Italeri Preussian infantry Set 6067
Italeri Preussian curirassiers Set 6007
Waterloo 1815 Preussian hussars Set 021
Esci Preussian and Austrian infantry Set 226
Zvezda  Preussian grenadiers of Fredrick II "the great" Set 8071

Revell Austrian infantry Set 02574

(Strelets Crimean Russian hussars set 034)

Some of the miniatures are taken from other conflicts
but when buying second hand I also got some extras and
I plan to paint them in the "Napoleonics"-colours also.
Maybe not 100% accurate but more practical. :)

Next report will be about my second buy of miniatures
containing cavalry, infantry and MORE infantry. :)














Inga kommentarer:

Skicka en kommentar