2022-06-01

My first handmade Cold-war-building

Finally I have drawn my first building in CAD and

also printed it in a filament(thread)-3d-printer.

I have tested other housemodels in a resin-printer,

but never in a filament-printer and the result is

not bad at all. My friend Mats in the very cold north

has been my guide into the filament-printer-world

and it has been a very interessting journey.

The model is inspirated from soviet/eastern Europe

high-rise living-compartments and will fit perfectly

into my scenarios when to play Cold war in the

6mm-scale(1/285). The model is very light when

comparing to resin and the only negative is that the

layers are visible but I will use some extra paint to

hide this as much as possible. I can promise you that

this is not by far the last building I will draw and print

myself! :)











8 kommentarer:

  1. That is a great building and it turned out very nicely!

    You might consider coating it with PVA if you are concerned about the lines.

    SvaraRadera
    Svar
    1. Thankyou very much for these kind words and welcome to my blog. I will certainly test to use pva and paint in combination. Mudt say that I like your blog also and will follow your projects in the future

      Radera
  2. For your first efforts int o 3D desing and pringint, I think this has come out really well.

    SvaraRadera
    Svar
    1. I have been working with 3d-models in CAD for almost 20 years but it has never been this much fun. To be able to make a sketch and transfer this digital is a good feeling. My main goal is to use old pictures of my own home town and make a 3d-city model anno 1985 and play cold war

      Radera
  3. oooooh. Nice. That looks really good. I like the idea of making a replica of your own town. We have a similar (mad) idea of making a replica of the harbour-region of Nynäshamn for WWIII or parts of Mälarhöjden for Hjärnor. Unfortunately neither of us in my gaming group knows CAD

    SvaraRadera
    Svar
    1. Thankyou very much Joakim! Nynäshamn seems like a nice town looking at the pictures online, maybe I can help in the future!?

      Radera
  4. Hmm. We just might ask for help :-D

    SvaraRadera