2019-10-10

My completed collection of 15mm-figures/models

Last weekend I collected a big package from the local postoffice.
I have bought and completed my collection of 15mm figures to
the boardgame : Flames of war V3.
First up is rivers that also will be used to all of my other games.
Very useful and I have been looking for these modular river-sections
made in prepainted rubber/plastic.
Together with the rivers two "metal-frame-bridges" was sent to me.
They look o.k but the need some fixing before going live.
My friend Johan had made a very good package using soft sheets
of foam rubber to pack 4 pieces of Type 89 Chi-ro tanks and 13 pieces
of Type 95 Ha go-tanks.
The Type 89 Chi-Ro are medium class and early war and the type 89
Ha go are light tanks.
Together with another 4  type 89 Ha go-tanks and finally Type 97 Chi
Ha tanks of medium class I think I feel ready to make some difference
on the gaming-table. :)
Next is two japanese Zero-fighters that can be fitted with small bombs
for close groundsupport. The bombs are either 30 kg or 60 kg.
The last plane is a german ME 262 that could really tip the odds with
4 pieces of  30mm automatic-cannons and 2 bombs (250kg).
To add some more boots on the ground for my eastern front scenarios
1944-45 I have also bought 20mm flak and infantry with Stg44 and
panzerfausts. Also nebelwerfers and Pak 40 will be of use.
Last but not least I bought some bases without cannons but with
personel and ammunition, these will be fitted with some loose
88mm that has been waiting in the bits-box.
My coming conversion-project is to make a lot of japanese 47mm
anti-tank cannons using the cannon-pipes from russian 45mm
antitank-guns. I will make the frontplate, wheels and mounting
myself and add some personel (see picture).
The japanese 47mm antitank-cannon is not so bad when it comes
to pentration with a grenade if you use it tactically.
From a distance of 230 metres the Type 1 APHE shell pentrates 76mm
in good conditions and 910 metres 51mm.
The russian T-34 tank has a armour-thickness of 45mm in the front
and 40mm on the sides.
Very nice finds indeed but now I need some time for repaint and fixing.
Only nice "problems" to come. :)


















6 kommentarer:

  1. More nice stuff! I bet you are wearing the bristles down on your painting brushes.

    SvaraRadera
    Svar
    1. Indeed Jay and also very fun. I am really looking forward to this winter and early 2020. Thankyou very much.

      Radera
  2. Svar
    1. I agree and I will be great fun to put some paint on.Thankyou very much Michael

      Radera
  3. That's one heck of a models, equipment and scenics that will keep you busy for some time; it must benoce to know that you have everything you want for a project as I've always found something else that 'would be nice' to have for any project I thought I'd finished.

    SvaraRadera
    Svar
    1. I think this collection will cover all kinds of games in the future and it will be exciting to test new kind of tactics to make the best of the poor tanks.Thankyou very much Joe

      Radera