2021-02-25

Red storm is rising 2

To make a diverse soviet-invasion-force I decided to
upgrade and complete my collection of land-forces.
I bought all the models from my friend Michael from
Barnsley in the UK and he guided me all the way to
assemble the small parts and bits.

I bought this:

Gaz 69 jeep  (4 pcs)
UAZ 469 jeep (2 pcs)
URAL truck (6 pcs)

ZU-23-2 AA (6 pcs)
BM-21 rocket (3 pcs)
9K52 Luna Frog-7 rocket (6 pcs)
2S3 Akatsiya 152 SPG (8 pcs)
2S1 Gvozdika  122 SPG (8 pcs)
SA-8 Gecko AA (3 pcs)
SA-13 Gopher AA (6 pcs)

SNAR 10M1 Radar 

T62 with mineroller (4 pcs)
Brem 80U engineering vehicle (4 pcs)

I also got 2 extra MT-LB-chassis I am not sure if
I will decide to use these as Storm(antitank), Gophers(AA)
or maybe as a mobile rocketlauncher similar to BM-21!?

All the models are beautiful detailed and with some
paint they will come alive. 

To base them will probably be fitted with rectangular
plates that will be almost as big as the model because
I am not so fond of the square-shape 30x30mm that is
the most common one.

All the models are made in the scale 1/285 (6mm) and
will be a part of my project Cold war-Sweden anno 1985.





















2 kommentarer:

  1. That's a huge force and shuld kkeep you painting and basing for a long time to come.
    As for basing, I've used cut-up, out of date credit/debit cards (store cards, phone carde etc.) as they're only about 1mm thick, they don't warp and take plaster, sand etc. without any warping. Though I do have to file the raised numbers down, but it takes a short oamount of time.

    SvaraRadera
    Svar
    1. Thankyou very much for this tip.I have tested this way of basing now and I go for it. The dimension is good and hopefully it will not bend during the years to come.Thankyou again Joe

      Radera