My last project to give my force of Imperial guardsmen
sharper teeth is to be able to mount squads and send them
directly into the center of the battle.
I found a rather shabby Chimera cheap on a second hand-
market for only 14 Euros but I think it will be fun to give
this model some loving treatment and I also have lots
of spareparts to be used in my bits-box.
When the package arrived I made an overview what to be
done and fixed and noted this:
1. The turret was glued onto the hull and not able to move.
2. The ram/shovelblade was not uptodate.
3. The holes for the laser-rifles was damaged on the left side
4. Laser-rifles were missing in the holes on the left side
5. Metalcovers for the tracks were missing
6. Parts of the turret were missing and not able to mount
a HMG or top-hatchet
First to fix was the turret and I removed the glued part and
was also forced to grind the leftovers for a smooth surface.
I also removed the old top-hatchet and fixed the edges inside
the top-hole on the turret to be able to mount a new hatchet
Next step was to remove the fixing of the shovelblade and
it was done with some effort.
Third step is to grind and smooth the surface around the
holes for the laser-rifles.To make new holes with no damage
I used thin metal rings.
When the new rings on the holes are fixated I will cut out
bolts from plastic tooth-pickers.
On my next report I will publish the finished result and the
Chimera glued together in one piece.
On the first picture I show the precursor that is already
built and painted.