2021-01-07

2020 Retrospective

 The year 2020 was a very hectic one but also a good one despite pandemic.

I changed profession and started a new career but similiar to my previous.

This was a very good choice because my new branch was not affected very much 

by the pandemic but previous within carpentry were hit severe.

I became father for the fourth time in 5 years. :) Everybody thinks that this

was not planned but it is! Fantastic.

I have also made a lot of renovation on our house. A tire-rack made of pine-wood.

A smart storage for all my bolts,nails etc and tolls. This storage is two-sided and

on the back a working-bench is placed side by side. The storage also has a hidden

compartment in  the middle hiding saws, axes and sharp tools, this to protect my

small children. Very nice and also two big compartments to storage firewood.

I also constructed a long fence outside our house and I like the look very much and

it feels much more solid than the previous one(that was crumbling).

I also widened the entrace to our house and now we can park our cars side by side.

A lot to do but most welcome when finished.













My hobby and also my blog has not so active according to all the projects above but

still I have started my dream to play cold war in the scale 6mm with swedish, soviet and

nato-forces. This will be very fun and I am looking forward painting my big collection

of models as soon as possible in 2021.









Next will be my big collection for the game Flames of war. Now I have decided how I will

build my main soviet ww2-force in the 15mm-scale. I have chosen a engineer/sapper battalion

mainly because it is so versatile: infantry, armour, flamers etc













I also started a new project and first up are som models of my own. I drawn these small

antitank-cannons in the scale of 15mm and I am looking forward open the package when

arriving to my postbox. I also printed some free models from Thinginverse to complete

my Flames of war-collection. Especially Kettenkrads and Opel-maultiers on tracks will be 

nice models on the gaming table. All the models on the pictures are made i 3D-resin.

I have also printed som lend-lease-vehicles to be able to mount my soviet spetsnaz.


















This year I plan to make some buildings both to my 6mm and 15mm collection. I will also

scratch-build som spruce forest to both scales above. I also like the idea of making

some tuft and eventhough it is cheap to buy I will try to be creative.

To all my readers out there: stay safe and a late Happy new year 2021

4 kommentarer:

  1. I think you had a great 2020 and look forward to see what you produce in 2021.
    Your carpentry skills are far superior to my own, I wouldn't dare to put anything on shelves I'd made.
    Take good care of your family in the coming months and stay safe.

    SvaraRadera
    Svar
    1. Thankyou very much Joe.I have a background within carpentry and maybe it shows!? Nice furniture and also very practical.I am looking forward to make 2021 a more hobby-productive-year than 2020. You keep safe too my friend!

      Radera
  2. A productive and wonderful year, no doubt!

    SvaraRadera
    Svar
    1. Indeed but not so much hobby-related as prevoius years.I hope 2021 will be better in this aspect.Thankyou very much Phil.

      Radera