2019-12-12

Armoured fist

My setup of Imperial guard to the game Warhammer 40000 
has always been to weak for an assault and now it is
time to change this fact.
During my last games I have started moving all my
vehicles towards the enemy and always when I got close
I got severe damage to my soft PBI(poor bloody infantry)
but with three tanks in the front I will be able to
shelter and and also prepare way for my troops before
the actual battle and this will not be so frustrating
at least for me. :)
Two weeks ago I bought two scrappy Leman Russ-tanks on
second hand for 19 Euros each. Both will be renovated 
and upgraded. I will try to separate the turret and also 
the two sidearms(sponsons).
The green tank was in good shape but the black need
some more love because it was glued to fixed position...
The reason for this separation is to magnetize all the
cannons to be more modular.
I will also renovate my first Leman Russ with these
tiny magnetics. The front-cannon near the driver will
not be upgrade and I will go for a laser-cannon on all
the three tanks because it is so good.
I have also get one Executioner-cannon and I will scratch-
build three Punisher-cannons (very similar to real mini-guns).
The sidearms will be fitted with magnetics or fittings to
be able to mount Heavy bolters, Heavy plasma or heavy flamer.
I read on a blog that one player used a tank fitted with
one Punisher-cannon and two heavy-bolters(sponsons) and this
meant a lot of dakadaka on the enemy-pbi. :)
I have not decided yet if I also will be able to use my tanks
as tank-killers and build long barreled cannons called 
Vanquisher but with magnetic-fittings it is no hurry and
can be a exciting future-project.
Last but not least I have also bought some more usable
bits that I couldn´t resist. Heads for special characters, extra
cannons etc. Nice presents indeed before Christmas. :)
















2 kommentarer:

  1. That's a lot of work to update older vehicles, but will be well worth it !

    SvaraRadera
    Svar
    1. I think so to but the biggest gain will be more fun to play and not be beaten before getting close.Thankyou very much Joe

      Radera