2021-11-09

My first 3d-printed buildings

 During the summer I surfed into the web-page Thinginverse to

check if anybody had made some 3d-models to be used as buildings

in the 6mm-scale (1/300). I found some interessting to be used as

smalltown buildings in my Sweden 1985-cold war-project.

The stl-files looked nice and this first 3d-printing was also a 

test to find out what to do and what was not adviceable for future

projects. I contacted my friend Mathias and only several days later

the package arrived. My friend also added drain-holes for the

models to leak the fluid resin-leftovers but the holes was to shallow

and only a small amount of the resin leaked and therefore I was

forced to make new and bigger holes to empty the models otherwise

they risked to crack. The models leaked for 3 days but now they are o.k.

Important to know is that always use rubber-gloves to prevent the 

resin to get in contact of the human skin before the harden-process is 

over. If you don´t use gloves and get in contact you risk to get a head-

ache or sick. I very useful test and now I know what to draw and how to 

make my own printable 3d-houses. I will make my 3d-buildings with an  

open compartment. I will also publish my 3d-stl files here on this blog

for anyone to copy when they are finished. To print figures in this scale is

not adviseable in my opinion. Have a nice day!



















   

4 kommentarer:

  1. Thes building look great and are obviously usable across many eras. I'd love to get into 3D printing, but think it's probably a bit late to attempt something new, especially with technilogy (technology hates me).

    SvaraRadera
    Svar
    1. Thankyou very much Joe. I will probably buy a printer in the future but I get a lot of help from my friend Mathias and the need is not so great right now.Working with IT and CAD for 20 years the climb into the 3d-print-world was not so steep for me but maybe I can help you if you need anything drawn or printed?

      Radera
  2. Nice prints, have to make a try one day!

    SvaraRadera
    Svar
    1. Please do! You will not be disappointed.I will soon start making my own models for various project and this will be a very nice experience to put them finally on the gaming table.Thankyou very much Phil!

      Radera