2021-11-15

Soviet Ford GPA-vehicles for amphibious landings

For a more versatile gaming-table I plan to

use more rivers and lakes and also coastlines.

To play this you also need amphibious vehicles.

The soviets used a lot of american Ford GPA-

jeeps as a part of their Lend and lease-agreement

during the WW2. Each of these vehilces could 

carry a driver and 3 crew-members and be able

to mount a machinegun for close support.

The design was considered both slow on water

and on land but nevertheless it proved its ability

to cross inland waters with very little preparation.

In my collection I already have 3 jeeps not assembled

or painted and with this buy of 6 from my friend Kelly

I have a total of nine and this would open up for all

kinds of amphibious scenarios in the Flames of war-

game.  On my picture I have also combined these

vehicles with another buy of 15mm-naval soviets

and this looks real good together!






2 kommentarer:

  1. YThe amphibious jeeps are not somethng I've ever encountered but these look great and should provide for some very unusual and interesting games. (They also look very good painted up !)

    SvaraRadera
    Svar
    1. Thankyou very much Joe. The look a bit odd but are a nice model to place on the gaming table.

      Radera