2020-10-30

Lend lease AA and halftracks

 To play the game Flames of war it is the diversity that 

is half of good experience.

To give my 15mm soviets an extra edge I will use Spetznaz-units.

In the rule book they drive stolen Sdkfz 251/252 and a 

Sdkfz 250(command vehicle) but I will use M3 halftrack and 

a the Sdkfz 250. The M3 was a part of lend-lease between

the allies and I like the vehicle a lot and it is a nice model.

When I asked in a forum for Flames of war I also was offered 

two M16(quad-MG AA) and 

one M15A1 (double MG and one 37mm gun) for only 4 Euros 

and 3 M4-shermans for 1 Euro each. A great second hand-deal 

but it will need some fixing.On the M16 AA two 50-cal

MG´s are missing and will be scratchbuilt.

The shermans are divided in two tanks with the smaller 75mm 

gun and only one 76mm and I will either modify the two to look 

like the bigger version or try to buy two 76mm-towers. 

The two M3-half tracks are still mounted on the sprue and looks like

real nice models and fun to build.

The 3 AA-guns above were a very powerful threat to all german 

aircrafts and in the rule book(version 3) it is written that you can use 

this together with your HQ and this I will. 









6 kommentarer:

  1. A lot of reinforcments - and a lot more work to assemble and paint! Good luck reducing your mountain of lead and plastic too (what a deal too !)

    SvaraRadera
    Svar
    1. Indeed my friend.One thing that has influenced me to expand my collection of minis is that in 2021 I will get a bigger "mancave". :) Eventhough I have big pile of minis in bits to assemble and paint I am itching to start playing battles in a big scale.Thankyou very much Joe

      Radera
  2. No M16 MGMCs had roll bumpers - they all had a winch.

    Cheers, Dave

    SvaraRadera
    Svar
    1. Thankyou very much Dave. Very useful information and in this very minute the M16 are refitted with a winch and the larger AA with a roll bumper.I must say that my knowledge in the US WW2-armoury is kind of limited and all tips are welcome

      Radera
    2. Welcome! Also should mention that the M3 kits you have - if you intend building them as M3A1, the MG pulpit needs the side armour extension trimmed off as it was only found on M3A2 which saw no service in WW2.

      Cheers, Dave

      Radera
    3. Thankyou very much Dave for the information.I have now exchanged the bumpers for winches.The goal to use these M3-halftracks is to equip my soviet Spetznaz-troops with transport as a part of the lend-lease-agreement.The M3 also comes with a HMG and this will be useful behind enemy-lines. A nice model to be used on the gaming-table and also a very useful one. The command-squad will be equiped with a unusual BA-6 fitted with tracks that will arrive in a package by mail any day now. To be continued./ Ptr

      Radera