2021-12-14

Cold war - 6mm Nato-vehicles for the battlefield

Together with my 50 loose turrets to the MBT M1 Abrams

I also ordered some extras.

M1 Abrams leads the way

To fill the gaps in my ever growing 6mm Nato-collection I 

ordered some US M60A3 Patton MBT´s. Eventhough the tank has

a high profile I like the look and it feels very 1980-ies.

M60 A3 Patton -video

This tank was the bulk of the US-tankforces for a long time

but was not retired eventhough the M1 Abrams entered the 

scene and was also used recently in the Gulf war 1991.

Another vehicle with a lot of history was the APC M113 and

its variants. I bought both the standard US M113 and also the

US M1901 with TOW.

To support the infantry and the APC´s the US M2 Bradley IFV

was a nice addition with better armour, firepower. This vehicle also 

has a high profile in comparison to soviet vehicles.


The UK-Nato-branch in my collection is also fitted with 2

Bedford MK 4 tonne trucks and in my opinion these look very

british. Next up is the very charming FV 180 cet engineering-

vehicle for clearing obstacles and digging.


The germans received the very hard-hitting Flakpanzer Gepard.

This is a vehicle that represent speed and if you were the

enemy during the cold war this was not a welcome vehicle on the

battlefield.


Finally but not least I bought 2 soviet IMR combat engineer-

vehicles. Not so common but very reliable and powerful.

Looking at this vehicle working impressed me as an former

member of the Swedish royal engineers. :)


Look at this video for yourself:

IMR combat engineer- vehicle video 1

IMR combat engineer- vehicle video 2














2 kommentarer:

  1. That's a very large reinforcement of your Nato forces, will they all ever see combat?

    SvaraRadera
    Svar
    1. They will but in time. First step in this project is to collect the models and next is to build up the scenery and paint the collection and finally start playing. maybe people will call me mad but I am really looking forward starting this project but 2 more children, moving and building a new house has come inbetween :) Yhankyou very much Joe

      Radera